12 Sep Broadcast Engineer Assistant
Sorensen Media Group
Guam and the CNMI
Our 5 station radio and 3 station television network is currently searching for a full time Broadcast Engineering Assistant.
This person will be part of a team that installs, maintains, and repairs radio and television studio, transmitting, and ancillary equipment in order to maintain quality signals on Guam and Saipan while complying with all FCC technical requirements. This includes responsibility for telephones, computers, and networking systems.
General responsibilities, as a team member, with instruction and assistance:
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on radio and television broadcast equipment, telephone systems, computers, and networks.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facilities.
• For remote broadcasts, performs initial surveys of location, configures and connects equipment, and assists with general logistics.
After probationary period and training:
• Will rotate with other team members to be on call for after-hours emergencies.
• Will occasionally work as TV Master Control operator and radio talk show producer.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Pass drug test.
• Read, write, and speak American English.
• Ability to carry out written and verbal instructions.
• Familiarity with Windows computers and Microsoft Office software.
• Familiarity with electrical systems, plumbing, air con, standby generators, and transfer switches.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, climb ladders, and work with hand tools.
Education and Licensing:
• High school diploma with a strong background in math and science.
• Must possess valid drivers license, have a good driving record, and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance.
Sorensen Media Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. Send your resume to email@example.com or apply in person at the Broadcast Center, Acanta Mall, Tumon.